Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 35 mins
- 190g of Almond Flour
- 115g of Unsalted Butter
- 85g of Low-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 30g of Sweetener (Stevia)
- 80ml of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp of Grated Lemon Zest
- 4 tbsp of Honey
- ½ tsp of Table Salt
- 1 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Whole Eggs
- Pre-heat your oven to 170°C.
- Line an ‘8 x 4 x 2’ inch loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream your butter and then add your sweetener and honey (you can add a bit more sweetener or granulated sugar if you want a bit more sweetness).
- Once your mixture is light and fluffy, add in the eggs one at a time and then your grated lemon zest.
- Gradually sift in your flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt, whilst folding and combining the mixture.
- Once fully combined, fold in your lemon juice, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into your loaf tin and bake for around 35-40 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean (I used a knife).
- Once baked, remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes, before removing the cake from the tin and cooling for a further 10 minutes on a wire rack.
That’s it, a version of a light and fluffy lemon loaf cake with a zesty flavour and creamy texture. If you wish you could also add a glaze with a sprinkling of cinnamon for a bit of kick.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)*: Calories: 175 kcal; Fats: 16.6g, [of which Saturates]: 7.8g; Carbohydrates: 6.7g, [of which Sugars]: 2.0g; Protein: 6.9g; Salt: 800mg